Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
I have lost my Username and/or Password, how can I recover them?
Please use the Login Assistant. If you need additional help, contact customer service.
How do I apply for ADA Accommodations?
Please review the procedures and conditions outlined on our Accommodations page.
How do I purchase vouchers, inventory, and/or licenses for certification exams and/or learning products (practice materials)?
There are several options, depending on the product and customer:
- For Test Candidates inside North America: If you are looking to purchase a voucher, you may find out more in our Buy section.
- For Test Candidates outside North America: If you are looking to purchase a voucher, contact the Solution Provider in your area.
- For CATCs (Certiport Authorized Testing Centers) inside North America: After an initial order you may purchase additional products through the Certiport website under the Organization Administrator role by clicking on the "Purchase" tab. You may also contact your Territory Representative and place the order directly.
- For CATCs (Certiport Authorized Testing Centers) outside North America: Contact the Solution Provider in your area.
How do I print a voucher?
There is no method for printing out an official paper version of an online voucher code, but there are ways you could look up voucher codes in order to screenprint them, or to copy and paste into another program such as Word or Excel. See below:
- For CATCs: Log in as an Organization Administrator or Organization Admin, mouse over the My Certiport tab, click on the dropdown for vouchers, and a table will appear with all vouchers purchased by the CATC. This list will show vouchers whether they are assigned to a Test Candidate or not, and whether they have been redeemed or not. You may also click on the detail button to see who they were assigned to.
- For Test Candidates: Log in as a Test Candidate and your vouchers will show at the top of the page just under the support contact information. Please note that only vouchers that have been assigned will show up here.
What is the difference between the MOS 2010, 2013, and 2016 exams?
Our project-based testing that began with MOS 2013 provides industry-leading assessments of skills and knowledge by giving students and professionals real-world exercises to appraise their understanding of Microsoft Office.
With task-based exams like MOS 2010 and prior, it was question after question of relatively isolated individual skills that the exam needed to chalk up and measure. In most cases, one question did not necessarily have anything to do with the next in terms of workflow, other than that they were all part of the same objective domain.
Beginning with MOS 2013, project-based exams eliminate the pool of questions in favor of a single project for 2013, or multiple smaller projects for 2016. The Test Candidate then employs all their skills to create a Word document, Excel spreadsheet, Access database, etc., from scratch. Provided with a set of guidelines, this serves to mimic more of what a user would actually encounter when using the program in the real world.
How do my students access their vouchers when taking a test?
There is no direct interface between our exam delivery software and any vouchers a Test Candidate may have unless they have pre-assigned it. The best practice would be to pre-assign the voucher, or to have the voucher code printed or written down prior to sitting for an exam.
Note: The exam delivery software can be minimized as long as an exam is not in progress, which would allow you to navigate to www.certiport.com and look up a code.
How do I access my transcripts and certificates?
Log in, change your role to Test Candidate, and click on the "My Transcript" tab. Here you can view your Score Reports, or print online copies of any certificates earned by clicking on the "PDF" links (only certificates that are fulfilled by Certiport can be printed). For additional information on transcripts and certificates, read the Using your test candidate profile page.
How do I locate my MC ID (Microsoft Certified Identification) and Access Code?
What are Certiport's policies on Exam Retakes, Exam Security, and Exam Scoring?
My Retake Voucher is not working. What might be the cause?
I am a Test Candidate. How do I locate a Certiport Authorized Testing Center?
Where can I find the number of questions and time limits for each exam?
Where can I view the exam tutorials that appear before a certification exam without actually launching an exam?
Refer to our Exam Tutorials page. Tutorials are available for Microsoft Office Specialist exams.
Where can I find information about current, new, and upcoming Certiport certification exams and learning products?
Refer to our Product Releases page. This page also details the available localizations for any given exam or practice test.
Where can I find information about the specific subjects that each certification exam covers?
The measurable skills covered within each exam are called Objective Domains. Please view our Objective Domains page.