Test Candidate exam policies
Test candidates, proctors and administrators must adhere and/or enforce all of the following policies when taking or administering an exam at a Certiport Authorized Testing Center.
- Upon arrival at the testing center, Test Candidates must present their personal identification bearing a photograph and signature.
- Test Candidates under the age of 18 must provide a signed Parental Consent form to the CATC in order to sit for an Examination.
- Test candidates may not take recording devices such as paper/pencil, cameras, PDAs, computers, or communication devices such as cell phones, or pagers into the testing area.
- Test candidates must not communicate with other test candidates either in the testing room, or in any other area of the testing facility during authorized testing breaks.
- Test candidates must read and accept the terms of the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) presented prior to the start of the exam.
- Test candidates must not remove exam content from the testing area, and must not reproduce exam content outside of the testing area.
- Test candidates must abide by the terms of the retake policy.
- Test candidates found to have violated testing center rules may lose any existing certifications and may be made permanently ineligible for additional certifications.
Resuming an exam
If the workstation on which a Test Candidate is taking an exam stops responding or produces an error condition in which the continuation of the exam would not be possible (e.g., power outage, blue screen, etc.), it is still possible to resume the exam. The Test Candidate should notify the Exam Administrator (Proctor) and have them restart the computer, address any technical issues, and then launch the Compass software again. After logging back in, the Test Candidate will immediately be prompted that they have an exam in progress and can click “Resume Exam” to continue (resuming an exam still requires verification and unlocking by the Exam Administrator/Proctor). In progress exams will be resumable for 7 days from the date the exam was originally started. If possible, the Test Candidate should resume the exam on the very same workstation in which the exam was started so they can pick up where they left off, including their time remaining. Resuming the exam on a different workstation could put the Test Candidate back at the beginning of the exam with full time.
With Exams from Home, if the exam is resumed immediately during the scheduled session the Test Candidate can pick up where they left off. If resumed outside the scheduled session, any previous answers will not be saved, and the Test Candidate will have to resume from the beginning of the exam. Any in progress exams must be completed in the same system or modality in which they were started (i.e., you cannot start an exam in Compass for Windows and then resume it in Exams from Home or vice versa). The exam must also be resumed at the same Certiport Authorized Testing Center in which it was started. If there are any issues with resuming or completing an in progress exam, the Exam Administrator (Proctor) should contact Support while the Test Candidate has time to resume the exam, and not after the 7 day window has passed. Failure to complete the exam within the 7 day window will result in the exam uploading to the Test Candidate’s transcript as “Incomplete” and the exam payment method used will be forfeit.
It is important to note that there is more to administering an exam than just letting the Test Candidate go through the timed portion of the certification exam. Additional time will be required to administer an exam from start to finish with input from both the Proctor/Teacher as well as the Test Candidate. This administrative time combined with the allotted exam time is known as the “Seat Time”. These additional actions may include tasks and logistics such as classroom planning, launching the software, signing in, potentially downloading updates to the software and/or exam content, loading times, reading and agreeing to terms/conditions, completing demographics, reviewing the tutorial, sending in comments, and uploading/viewing the exam results.
Review the process for to apply for an accommodation.
For additional information regarding this policy, please email Certiport customer service.