Entrepreneurship and Small Business Certification
The ESB certification is built to test and validate foundation-level concepts and knowledge in entrepreneurship and small business management. These core concepts include entrepreneurship; recognizing and evaluating opportunities; planning for, starting, and operating a business; marketing and sales; venture capital and seed funding; and financial management.
Country-Specific Exam versus Universal Exam
- ESB Country-specific exams test on specific knowledge about doing business in a particular country. Currency and terminology is targeted to specific countries. ESB candidates should select a country-specific exam when available.
- ESB Universal exams are suitable for any ESB candidate around the world. All currencies are in Euros.
All ESB exams use the same Objective Domains and are delivered through Certiport.
See www.certiport.com/products for a complete list of available ESB exams.
Master Certification in Entrepreneurship
The Master Certification in Entrepreneurship is the next step in validating an understanding of essential business principles, but expands the scope to include design thinking. This certification is earned by completing the ESB certification as well as Intuit's Design for Delight Innovator Certification. The Design for Delight Innovator certification focuses on three domains surrounding design thinking:
- Deep Customer Empathy – Understanding customers, their pain points, and reasons for their actions to help innovate and discover solutions.
- Go Broad to Go Narrow – Brainstorming broad potential solutions and then narrowing those to determine which will most likely delight the customer and solve the problem.
- Rapid Experiments with Customers – Experimenting and testing solutions with real customers to determine if problems will be solved.
Successfully completing the Design for Delight Innovator Certification and the Entrepreneurship in Small Business Certifcation v.2, will result in being awarded the Master Certification in Entrepreneurship.