Endorsements and Alignments
Intuit: Official Sponsor of ESB Certification
Intuit’s mission is to Power Prosperity Around the World. The company’s global products and platforms are designed to empower consumers, self-employed and small businesses to improve their financial lives, finding them more money with the least amount of work, while giving them complete confidence in their actions and decisions. Intuit’s innovative ecosystem of financial management solutions serves approximately 50 million customers worldwide, unleashing the power of many for the prosperity of one.
Intuit is the official sponsor of ESB certification. To learn more visit: www.intuit.com
The Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE)
Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) is an international nonprofit that activates the entrepreneurial mindset in young people and builds their knowledge about business startup. Students acquire the entrepreneurial mindset (e.g., innovation, self-reliance, comfort with risk), alongside business, STEM, and presentation skills-equipping them to drive their best futures in the 21st Century. NFTE focuses its work on under-resourced communities, with programs in 23 locations in 10 countries.
To learn more, visit nfte.com.
The American Council on Education (ACE)
The American Council on Education (ACE) is the USA's unifying voice for higher education. ACE serves as a consensus leader on key higher education issues and seeks to influence public policy through advocacy, research, and program initiatives. ESB has earned an ACE credit recommendation for three semester credit hours in business administration or business information technology. From this, students can seek credit from more than 1,800 accredited, degree-granting colleges, universities, and other education-related organizations that are members of ACE.
To learn more, visit www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseaction=browse.getOrganizationDetail&FICE=300514.
EntreComp is a tool to support a common understanding of entrepreneurship competence and to enable individuals to develop the entrepreneurial competence to support career success and employability.
EntreComp is a common reference framework that identifies 15 competencies in three key areas that describe what it means to be entrepreneurial.
Entrepreneurship competence is a key transversal competence. To be entrepreneurial means more than business start-ups and commerce – it also means to have a strong sense of initiative and act upon ideas and opportunities to create value for others. EntreComp establishes the importance of entrepreneurship and initiative and sets out how people can develop the competence to make a contribution to economic, social and cultural challenges.
To learn more, visit ec.europa.eu.
Public Consulting Group (PCG)
Public Consulting Group, PCG, was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. PCG helps primarily public sector health, education, and human services organizations make measurable improvements to their performance and processes. PCG is passionate about getting results for their clients, and they know that in the public sector, good results mean healthy, empowered, and successful individuals, families, and communities.
To learn more, visit publicconsultinggroup.com/about-pcg.
U.S. K12 DOE lists that include ESB:
- Arkansas – Arkansas Department of Career Education Industry-Recognized Certification list. The ESB rank is Level Two in Business and Marketing Education.
- Colorado – Career and Development Incentive Program List of includes ESB.
- Florida – The Entrepreneurship and Small Business certification is on the CAPE industry-recognized certification list to support entrepreneurship education. Master Certification in Entrepreneurship is also included.
- Idaho – Advanced Opportunities Approved Exams List includes ESB.
- Illinois – Chicago Public School District: ESB is a CTE Early Career Credential.
- Louisiana – ESB is the exam required to receive the statewide Micro-Enterprise Credential. To learn more, visit louisianabelieves.com and click on Micro-Enterprise Credential Fact Sheet.
- Montana – Recognized as an Industry Credential in the Arts, A/V Technology & Communication Career Pathway.
- New York – ESB is on the “4+1” list and can be used as a pathway assessment leading to a diploma requirement. To learn more, visit p12.nysed.gov.
- North Carolina – ESB is the approved credential for the ME12 Entrepreneurship II course.
- Ohio – ESB is valued at three points on the Industry Recognized Credential List in these career fields: Business, Marketing & Finance; Hospitality & Tourism.
- Oklahoma – Approved Assessment list in Business Management & Administration, and the Marketing, Sales & Services cluster.
- South Dakota – State-Approved Industry Recognized Credentials list in both Business Management & Administration and Finance Clusters.
- Texas – ESB is on the 2019-2020 Industry-Based Certification List for Public School Accountability List.
- Utah – ESB is an approved Industry Test in the state’s CTE Skill Certificate Program. To learn more, visit schools.utah.gov.
- Virginia – ESB is recognized as an improved industry certification on the Virginia DOE Career and Technical Education Path to Industry Certification list.
- West Virginia – Governors Workforce Credential List has ESB as a Universal Certification through all programs worth 3 points.
The ESB certification has been designed based on feedback and insights gathered from an official ESB Advisory Board, which includes the following organizations and individuals:
- Dave Free, Manager Global Alliances, Cisco NetAcademy
- Dave Zasada, Vice President of Education and Corporate Responsibility, Intuit
- Gene Coulson, Executive Director at Consortium for Entrepreneurship Education, EntreEd
- Henry Mack, Chancellor of Career, Technical, and Adult Education, Florida Department of Education
- James Wilcox, Director at Center for Economic and Entrepreneurship Education, University of Southern Mississippi
- Jason Delgatto, Vice President of Curriculum and Research, Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE)
- J.D. LaRock, CEO, Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE)
- Lucia Acurio, Presidente Ejecutiva, Grupo Edutec