At times, all Certiport exam delivery systems require Windows Administrative rights to install, setup, update, and deliver the exams. This includes turning off all Group and Local (UAC) Policies which will interfere with exam delivery.
For Console 8: This solution has the Admin Rights feature built into the software. This feature allows your institution's IT Administrator to enter and store the Windows Admin credentials inside Console 8, allowing them to be applied only when Console 8 is accessed. This allows the Test Candidate to log in to Windows under a limited User Account as Console 8 requires Admin rights to both install and deliver exams.
Online Exams for Windows: When configuring your system for Online Exams it is important to install all required software and dependencies as an Administrator so they are available to all Users. However, taking an exam can be performed under a limited User account as long as all browser settings required have been populated and allowed, and that all IP addresses/domains needed during an exam are accessible.
Certiport Mac Launcher: The Certiport Mac Launcher solution requires Mac Admin credentials for the install and delivery of exams.
Check for updates & run configuration exams
For Console 8:
- Click the "Console 8" icon on the desktop.
- Log in with your "Organization Administrator" username and password.
- If any updates are pending, a red bar will be visible across the bottom of the Updates button. Click the "Updates" button and install all mandatory updates and restart Console 8 - updates for exam programs you are not employing may be skipped.
- Once any applicable updates have been installed, click the "Diagnostics" button and then click the arrow to begin the certification pathway. Note: The pathway will be identical to an actual exam launch but will not use any associated inventory, vouchers, or licenses.
- Click the "Certify" button, click the "Microsoft Office Specialist" button, and then click the corresponding Office version that you have locally installed (MOS 2010 or MOS 2013).
- At this point you can choose which specific program within the Office suite you would like to test. We suggest running a separate Configuration Exam for each program your CATC will utilize.
- The next screen will display many various checklist components of an actual exam launch, but since this is only a Configuration Exam, you may ignore all of these items and simply click the forward arrow to continue.
- The Configuration Exam will stay live for 10 seconds, at which time you will be returned to the Console 8 screen with a blank score report screen, which indicates a successful rehearsal.
For Windows online exams:
For the web-based delivery solution, please refer to the Online Setup Guide. No client-side updates will ever need to be acknowledged for this solution.
For Mac Launcher:
The Mac Launcher does not have a diagnostic or rehearsal exam. For this solution, please adhere to the instructions laid out in the quick reference guide.
Note: The configuration exams for Console 8 are only one facet to error-free exam delivery. Ensuring that all technical and environmental requirements are observed will foster the most successful testing experience.
Download & install all required 3rd-party software
Certiport's exam delivery solutions may require 3rd-party software to function correctly such as Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Java, and the Microsoft .NET Framework. Please review the technical requirements for individual dependencies.
Verify Internet communication
Ensure you have communication with Certiport servers by identifying and allowing required IP addresses through any applicable firewalls, IP filters, or proxy servers. This information can be found on the technical requirements page and applies to all delivery solutions.
Update to the latest Microsoft service packs
Ensure your version of Windows and the locally installed Office Suite are up to date by installing the latest supported service packs (Office applicable to the Console 8 delivery system only). These can be run from the Windows Update feature or the Microsoft website. Please consult the technical requirements page for which exact service packs are required for each delivery solution and local Office install.
Perform a complete Microsoft Office install
A complete installation of the Microsoft Office Suite is required for MOS exam delivery (this includes programs your CATC may not be testing in, as well as all tools and features). Ensure that all Office programs and features are installed (applicable only to the Console 8 delivery system only).
Check browser version
All Certiport exam delivery systems and associated management tools require the use of Internet Explorer version 11 only. For Online exams delivered in the Mac OS environment (Mac Launcher), please refer to our MAC Technical Requirements section for more information on supported browsers.
Create the online exams shortcut, install browser lockdown and add Certiport as a trusted site
You can create the Certiport Online Exams desktop shortcut, install Browser Lockdown and add Certiport as a trusted site so it does not need to be performed at the time of exam delivery. These actions apply to the Certiport Online Exams for Windows delivery system only. (Log in required.)
Anti-Virus and restoring software
In some environments it may be necessary to make exceptions within any anti-virus or anti-spyware software, etc. for any running executables and actions related to Certiport exam delivery. If exceptions cannot be made or you are still encountering errors, it may be necessary to temporarily disable any such software during testing.
Restoring software (e.g. Deep Freeze) is common in Academic environments. This type of software will return a computer to an original set state every time it is rebooted regardless of any changes it may encounter during a Windows session (meaningful or malicious). If you are using such software, it must be disabled before testing, or a thaw (exempt) space must be created that encompasses all Certiport executables and actions related to exam delivery.
Pop-up blockers, toolbars and other running software
All pop-up blockers, 3rd-party extensions and toolbars inside a supported browser could interfere with Certiport Online and Anywhere Proctored exam delivery. It is best to have these items uninstalled or turned off completely during testing.
For all Certiport exam delivery solutions, it is best to maintain dedicated computers that have as little non test-related software installed as possible. All non-essential software should also be closed prior to exam launch to avoid any potential conflicts - this is especially true when it comes to any running Microsoft Office software, which will prevent exam launch entirely.