Exam groups provide exceptional organization and reporting functions to a Certiport Center. Exam Results can be stored and referenced with no time limit to report access. The ability to organize groups of students and provide much more detailed reporting with Exam Groups provides an Organization Administrator, Organization Member or Teacher with unlimited possibilities to look at testing results and skillsets of a class as a whole, or as individuals.
Viewing exam groups
Creating exam groups
Before you begin creating exam groups, determine the parameters of the group. Complete the following steps to create an exam group:
Using exam groups
Once an exam group has been created, an exam group ID# will appear next to the corresponding exam group.
- Log in and choose the Organization Administrator role from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Exam Groups tab.
This page will show all exam groups you have created within your Center. An exam group ID number is generated with each exam group created. The exam group ID number must be entered during the launch of an exam in order to have exam results associated with an exam group.
- Click on the name of an Exam Group to view.
- Once on the View Exam Group page, scroll down and click View Results to view the Exam Group's reporting results.
Results can be viewed either by Exam View or Student View (with or without Skillset Breakdown)
- Results for Exam View: Shows the Exam(s), Cut Score, Average Score, and Pass/Fail.
- Student View: Shows each Test Candidate's Cut Score, Actual Score, and Status of each test taken.
- Show Skillset Breakdown: Can be applied to Exam View or Student View. Divides each exam into skill groups with a percentage correct for each skillset showing strengths and weaknesses.
- Log in and choose the Organization Administrator role.
- Click the Exam Groups tab.
- Ensure that the correct organization is listed on the drop-down menu.
- Click the Add Exam Group link at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the name of the exam group, and the description and location, if desired.
- Enter the approximate number of students that will be testing in this exam group. This number can be estimated, and will not affect the functionality of the exam group if the actual number ends up being different.
- The status of any exam group you plan to use should be left at Active. You have the ability to inactivate an exam group or make edits at any time.
- Select whether you'd like the users to be allowed to print their results.
- Open Enrollment allows for students from other testing centers to be able to use this exam group.
- Assign an exam to this group, if desired. If an exam is selected, a test candidate will not be able to take a different exam while using this Exam Group.
- Select your proctoring setting:
- "Use Proctor List" will require you to create a list of proctors. If this setting is selected, only proctors added to the list will be able to administer an exam within this group.
- "Use any associated proctor" is the most commonly used proctoring setting, and is recommended for most centers. This will allow any person associated as a proctor within your testing center to administer an exam within this exam group.
- "Use any authorized proctor" will allow for any proctor within Certiport's database to administer an Exam within this exam group, and does not require that they are associated with your center.
- Access rights specify which users can have access such as making changes to this exam group.
- Click Update to complete the creation of this exam group.
- After viewing the completed exam group, click Done.
- Create an exam group and record the Exam Group ID#.
- Provide the Exam Group ID# to proctors and the appropriate test candidates to use at the time of the exam.
- The test candidate will enter the Exam Group ID# in the appropriate field during the initial launch of the exam. There is no way to add a student or an exam into an exam group if the ID number was not entered during the initial launch of the exam.