IT Specialist Authorized Instructor Program
The Authorized Instructor program is designed to help teachers and trainers gain knowledge and tips on how to teach a specific IT Specialist exam. A series of Train the Trainer videos have been developed for each of the IT Specialist exams to give a content overview, and helpful tips on how the content can be incorporated in the classroom.
Through this program, an educator can become an Authorized Instructor for each of the 15 IT Specialist exams. An Authorized Instructor badge is earned on an individual exam basis.
Available Authorized Instructor courses:
- HTML5 Application Development
- Software Development
Authorized Instructor courses coming soon:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud Computing
- Computational Thinking
- Data Analytics
- Device Configuration and Management
- HTML and CSS
- Network Security
Who is this program for?
The Authorized Instructor program is for K12 and Higher Education educators, and professional trainers.
How do I become an Authorized Instructor?
Submit documentation proving you are qualified to become an Authorized Instructor. All documentation, whether a teaching license, degree or training certificate needs to be submitted through the form on this page.
- If you are a K12 educator:
Teaching license in a related field OR teaching license in an unrelated field and classes taken in a related field – some experience within the field of IT is required
- If you are a Higher Education educator:
Degree in related field
- If you are a professional trainer:
Any certification, credential, or badge related to the area of instruction.
- Don't fit any of the categories above?
Please speak to your Certiport Territory Manager.
Find your territory manager here.
How do I get started?
- Speak with your Certiport Territory Manager to qualify with your individual credentials.
- Reach out to your Certiport Territory Manager to gain access to the Learn, Practice, Certify pathway for IT Specialist. Please let your territory manager know that you are working to become an Authorized Instructor.
- Territory managers will also provide you with access to IT Specialist Train the Trainer videos. Please view all videos for the IT Specialist exam you wish to become an Authorized Instructor for, because they include valuable training tips.
- If you haven’t already, take the IT Specialist certification exam, and once you have passed, submit the score report via email to Authorized.Instructor@Pearson.com.
- Once you have completed steps one through four, you will receive an Authorized Instructor badge from Credly to your email address. Please accept and share your badge with others! Please allow 1-3 business days for a badge to be issued.
What benefits do I receive by participating in the Authorized Instructor Program?
- Those who enter the program will gain access to the Train the Trainer videos, learning products, practice products and a voucher to take the IT Specialist exam.
- Once you have completed all the requirements to become an Authorized Instructor, you will receive a shareable badge from Credly to your email address, which you can share with others through social media.
What does the program cost?
The Authorized Instructor program was developed with the oversight of Certiport’s content team with the goal of providing content that helps educators teach the IT Specialist exams. The cost is $150, but it is free for a limited time. Pricing may vary. Please speak with your Certiport Territory Manager.
What does it mean to be an Authorized Instructor?
An Authorized Instructor is someone who has verified teaching and/or training credentials and has completed the Train the Trainer videos and passed the IT Specialist exam to earn a badge and professional development hours. It is not a formal teaching qualification or additional license of any kind.
If you have any additional questions regarding the IT Specialist Authorized Instructor program, please reach out to your Certiport Territory Manager.
Want to learn more about the Authorized Instructor Program?
Contact our team to discover further details on becoming an Authorized Instructor. Please allow 1-2 business days for follow-up. We look forward to hearing from you! Please complete all of the fields marked with an asterisk (*).