You’re teaching tomorrow’s marketing professionals — and it’s crucial to prepare them with the skills they will need in their future careers. According to an article from LinkedIn, social media and digital marketing skills are ranked first and third respectively among the most in-demand skills for today’s marketers.
With Certiport’s new Meta Certified Digital Marketing Associate certification, you can introduce your students to these crucial skills and empower them with an industry-recognized credential before they start their job search.
What is the Meta Certified Digital Marketing Associate certification?
An industry-recognized certification for entry-level marketing professionals, advertising and marketing students, and interns, the Meta Certified Digital Marketing Associate Certification exam targets secondary and immediate post-secondary students, including career professionals looking to expand their skillset or switch roles or jobs.
It is a 50-minute exam with approximately 50 questions, and is available in English, German, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese. Candidates for the Meta certification are qualified to create and manage digital marketing campaigns across the Meta platforms.
Why create the Meta Certified Digital Marketing Associate certification?
Meta has an expansive portfolio of certifications to validate professionals’ marketing skills. However, these certifications are often too advanced for the introductory marketing classroom. Enter: the Meta Certified Digital Marketing Associate certification, designed to help learners start or advance a career in marketing.
With this new program, learners can discover how to:
- Reach business goals on Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp.
- Run efficient campaigns on Meta technologies.
- Produce higher quality, more innovative work.
- Prove expertise in creating, managing, and measuring ads across Meta technologies and in the industry.
- Maximize their marketing career growth.
What topics are covered in the Meta certification exam?
The Meta Certified Digital Marketing Associate certification covers five main topics, with coordinating sub-topics:
The value of Meta technologies
- Identify Meta technologies
- Communicate the value proposition of Meta technologies for businesses
Establish a business presence
- Identify the steps to establish a business presence on Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp, and the tools needed to engage with audiences
- Explain the process to customize settings within Meta Ads Manager
- Apply creative best practices optimized for mobile experiences
- Recognize the value of advertising on Meta technologies
- Recognize the importance of matching business goals to ad campaign objectives
- Communicate the value of the Meta Pixel and the Conversions API
- Describe how people are charged for ads and where the ads are shown
- Identify data privacy protections and common ad policies
Create and manage ads
- Identify the differences among boosting a Page post, promoting a post on Instagram, and creating an ad in Ads Manager
- Identify settings available at the campaign, ad set, and ad level
- Determine the ad campaign objective to achieve business goals
- Identify ad targeting capabilities
- Determine the appropriate ad formats for a given scenario
- Identify budget and ad scheduling options
- Identify the relationship between budget and estimated results
- Identify campaign results through Meta Ads Reporting
- Measure the success of a campaign
You can see all the exam objectives here.
What are the benefits of certifying?
Beyond validating that a learner can effectively market on some of the world’s largest advertising channels, the Meta certification benefits candidates, educators, workforce development, and employers. The Meta Certified Digital Marketing Associate certification is a resume builder and helps candidates become more employable. For educators, the certification is a ready-made, self-scoring exam that saves instructors’ time by using the certification as a class exam, mid-term, or final. In workforce education, the Meta Certified Digital Marketing Associate certification can increase job placement rates and stabilize funding options. Corporations who leverage the Meta certification provide job skill enhancement for employees and save money by not having poor campaign results.
What are the prerequisites to certifying?
An individual preparing to take the Meta certification should understand how to create and manage digital marketing campaigns across the Meta platforms. We estimate at least 150 hours of instruction is required before candidates should sit for their exam. The proficiency level expected for the exam can be attained through learning and practice tests.
Is there courseware available for the Meta certification?
Our partners at LearnKey are developing material to prepare students for the Meta certification exam, which will be available in Q2 of 2024. LearnKey video courseware enhances the learning experience and increases certification exam success. It provides self-paced on-demand video learning material specific to the Meta certification objectives. These expert learning solutions are easy to use, interactive and help prepare students for certification success. With LearnKey curriculum, you can access video-based e-learning courseware, interactive labs, and prescriptive study guides.
Are there practice tests available for the Meta certification?
Yes. We have partnered with CertPREP, powered by GMetrix, to create and sell practice exams that will prepare students for their Meta certification exam. You can get more details about Meta practice tests here.
Have additional questions about the Meta certification? Reach out to your Certiport Territory Manager here.