The Pathway to AI, Data Science, and Cloud Computing
Technology is constantly changing, and Microsoft’s certification program is here to validate students in today’s technologies. The new suite of Microsoft Technical Certifications (MTC) are the pathway to fully understanding what cloud computing is, what options are available from Microsoft, and which options make sense for businesses to invest in. This set of exams is the starting point for students who are looking to start a career in artificial intelligence, data science, and cloud computing. With the usage of big data and artificial intelligence on the rise, the demand for qualified workers is not being met—and the gap is widening.
Want more information on how to help your students get on the pathway to a prosperous career? Dive into MTC!
What Exams Are Available?
The Microsoft Technical Certifications program includes six exams:
- Azure Fundamentals: This exam is designed for candidates looking to demonstrate foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services in general and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model. This exam will also cover knowledge of available options and the benefits of implementing Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. This exam can be taken as a precursor to cloud computing and technologies exams such as Office 365, Microsoft Intune, Azure Information Protection (AIP), and Windows 10.
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals: Just like the Azure Fundamentals exam, the Microsoft 365 Fundamentals exam is designed for candidates looking to demonstrate foundational knowledge on the adoption of cloud services and the SaaS cloud model. This exam will also cover knowledge of available options and benefits gained by implementing Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. This exam can also be taken as a precursor to cloud computing and technologies exams such as Office 365, Microsoft Intune, Azure Information Protection (AIP), and Windows 10.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals: This exam will cover the positioning and benefits of adopting Dynamics 365. Candidates should have a functional understanding of Dynamics 365 capabilities and Microsoft cloud computing and should have a general knowledge of or relevant working experience in an Information Technology (IT) environment. Candidates should also have a basic understanding of business scenarios and experience in addressing business, legal, and security requirements for IT projects.
- Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals: This exam is an opportunity to demonstrate knowledge of common machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) workloads and how to implement them on Azure. It is intended for candidates with both technical and non-technical backgrounds. Candidates for this exam should have foundational knowledge of ML and AI concepts and related Microsoft Azure services. Data science and software engineering experience are not required; however, some general programming knowledge or experience would be beneficial.
- Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals: This exam is intended for candidates beginning to work with data in the cloud. Candidates for this exam should have foundational knowledge of core data concepts and how they are implemented using Microsoft Azure data services, and should be familiar with the concepts of relational and non-relational data, and different types of data workloads such as transactional or analytical.
- Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals: Candidates for this exam are users who aspire to improve productivity by automating business processes, analyzing data to produce business insights, and acting more effectively by creating simple app experiences.
Is Curriculum Available?
Learning materials for the Microsoft Fundamentals certification exams are provided by Microsoft and Certiport’s partner, LearnKey. You can also establish a full pathway to the MTC certifications by adding in practice exams.
How Can I Add MTC Into My Classroom?
Interested in learning more about the MTC program? You can contact your Certiport Territory Manager here.