Certiport fast facts
Certiport®, a Pearson VUE business, is the leading provider of certification exam development, delivery and program management services delivered through an expansive network of over 14,000 Certiport Authorized Testing Centers worldwide. Certiport manages a sophisticated portfolio of leading certification programs including: the official Microsoft Office Specialist certification program, the Microsoft Technology Associate certification program, the Microsoft Certified Educator program, the Adobe® Certified Associate certification program, the Autodesk Certified User and Autodesk Certified Professional certification programs, the Intuit QuickBooks Certified User certification program, the IC3 Digital Literacy certification and the Certiport Business Fundamentals certification program. Certiport reliably delivers over three million tests each year throughout the secondary, post-secondary, workforce, and corporate technology markets in 148 countries and 26 languages worldwide.
- Microsoft® Office Specialist—the official certification program for Microsoft Office—was created and launched by Certiport in 1997.
- Certiport IC3®—the world's premier performance-based digital literacy certification—was launched in 2002.
- Certiport launched the Microsoft Office Specialist World Championship in 2002, now entered by more than half a million candidates each year from around the world.
- Adobe partnered with Certiport to launch Adobe® Certified Associate—the leading certification for validating entry-level digital communications skills—in June 2007 into educational markets around the world.
- In July 2010, Certiport introduced the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification program to the global academic market; a landmark certification that validates students' fundamental IT and software development knowledge and serves as a stepping stone to advanced technology level certifications.
- In 2011 Certiport expanded its certification portfolio to include industry verticals by introducing the Autodesk® Certified User certification program and Intuit® QuickBooks Certified User exam.
- In May 2012 Pearson VUE, the computer-based testing arm of Pearson, acquired Certiport. Certiport continues to operate independently and deliver on the company's partner-focused business plan, with oversight from Pearson VUE.
- Certiport launched the Adobe Certified Associate World Championship in 2013, now entered by over 100,000 candidates around the world.
- In 2015 Certiport held the inaugural CERTIFIED Educator Conference
- The Entrepreneurship and Small Business certification and the Toon Boom Certified Associate Certification Programs were launched in 2017.
Certiport by the numbers
- Certiport delivers exams in 148 countries and 26 languages.
- Certiport works with more than 400 Subject Matter Experts in 20 countries to ensure exam objectives are consistent with market needs.
- Roughly 175,000 exams are administered monthly through a network of more than 14,000 Certiport Authorized Testing Centers worldwide.
- That translates into 5,750 exams per day on average, 240 exams per hour, and one exam delivered somewhere in the world every 15 seconds.
- Certiport has delivered more than 10 million exams worldwide.
- Out of the 25 available languages in which Certiport provides certification exams, the most popular (in order) are: