New Names and Requirements for Adobe Certified Associate
Associate to Professional
Starting in June 2021, Adobe Certified Associate will be officially called Adobe Certified Professional.
- Certifications received through the CC 2018 exams and newer will retroactively adopt the Adobe Certified Professional name in June 2021.
- Certifications received through the CC 2015 exams will remain as Adobe Certified Associate.
- Candidates who wish to take the CC 2015 exams after June 2021 will access the exams through the Adobe Certified Professional program in Compass. The certifications and badges, however, will show Adobe Certified Associate.
The release of the CC 2018 Live-in-the-App exams marked a significant change in the program. These new exams ask students to perform projects similar to a working professional’s workflow. We are excited to align the name of the certification program with the level of skills that candidates demonstrate.
Visual Design Specialist to Adobe Certified Professional in Visual Design
Starting in August 2020, the specialty credentials, currently known as “Specialist” credentials, will have new titles and requirements that match the change to Adobe Certified Professional.
To earn a new specialty credential, candidates must achieve a passing score on one specific exam, as well as a passing score on one of the other two exams as listed below. Any version of the Live-in-the-App exams will qualify.
- Adobe Certified Professional in Visual Design = Photoshop (required) + Illustrator or InDesign
- Adobe Certified Professional in Video Design = Premiere Pro (required) + Photoshop or After Effects
- Adobe Certified Professional in Web Design = Dreamweaver (required) + Animate or Photoshop
Certiport and Adobe are excited to announce the changes mentioned above. The overall name change will better reflect the skills and knowledge demonstrated by certified individuals and allow employers to more accurately assess their proficiency. The requirement changes in the role-based credentials will allow many educators and students to focus more thoroughly on each software, and the name changes will make it easier for others to recognize the certified individuals as the professionals that they are.
If you have questions, connect with your Certiport sales representative.