A user account is the basis for all functions here at Certiport. Whether you will be the one just signing up your organization to be a CATC, or be the person managing it, or proctoring exams, or doing it all, a new user account is where it all begins.
The account is created right here through certiport.com and you will be automatically assigned the role of "Test Candidate" to begin. All other roles will be built upon this role and you can easily switch in between those roles after you sign in. And yes! If you want to take an exam yourself you will also use this account.
The account will be used for more than just our website:
- At www.certiport.com you will use it for:
- Managing associations: who else can perform actions on behalf of your CATC.
- Purchasing: buying licenses or vouchers that can be redeemed for certification exams.
- Reporting: various reporting functions are available for administrators, proctors, and even teachers.
- Taking an exam: If you decide to take an exam, this is where you can view your scores, transcripts, and certificates as a Test Candidate.
- In the Compass software you will use it for:
- Software setup & management: Associating Compass to your CATC, configuring settings, and downloading exam content.
- Proctoring exams: administering a live exam to a Test Candidate
- Taking exams: If you are a Proctor but wish to take an exam you will use the same username and password. (Note: You cannot proctor yourself, see the agreement when becoming a Proctor.)
Each person at your organization will only ever need one
user account with Certiport. If you are unsure whether you have previously registered a user account with Certiport, contact support
Ready? Follow the instructions on the Registering as a new user page.
For a detailed look at new user account creation, please see our user guide.