One benefit of COVID-19? Getting professional development done in your pajamas. No need to dress up for the CERTIFIED Educator’s Conference when you’re tuning in from the comfort of your own home.
Couldn’t attend but want to hear all the big Certiport updates? Here are the highlights:
- Changes for the ACA Program: Are you an Adobe teacher? Make sure to check out the updated brand and new Specialist requirements.
- New IC3 Digital Literacy Exams Available: The IC3 Digital Literacy program is undergoing major changes. Find out what’s new.
- Introducing the New Project Management Coordinator Certification: We’re partnering with Project Management Institute and launching a whole new program!
- Certiport’s Exams from Home Extended: COVID may continue to change plans, but we’re here to give some stability. You can keep using the Exams from Home tool through the end of 2020.
- Florida 2021: That’s right, friends! Next year we’re headed back to Orlando for CERTIFIED 2021!
Lots of changes coming from our office, but that’s not all we love about CERTIFIED. CERTIFIED is all about you learning from fellow educators, exploring the power of certification in the classroom. This year we had some amazing breakout sessions, from teachers across the country.
- Certifications in the Classroom Give Students a Running Career Start: Chitpasong Vazquez, California College San Diego
- Certified High School Students Get Noticed-Give Them Employ “Ability”: Denise Spence, Dunbar High School
- Certiport Competitions: Brian Nielson, Certiport
- Coding in Minecraft-An Immersive and Engaging Computer Science Credentialing Program: Peter Doherty, Prodigy Learning
- Creating Unique Pathways using Certification that Lead to Successful Careers: Serge Treyger, Broward County Public Schools
- Don’t Fear the Function! Getting Students Engaged and Excited about Excel Certification: Mary Beth Tarver, Northwestern State University
- Get the Game and Certify: Tami Moore, Eleanor Roosevelt High School
- GMetrix in the Classroom: Dianna Johnson, Douglas County Schools
- Going Beyond Debits and Credits-Teaching QuickBooks for Certification Success: Jennifer Johnson, University of Texas at Dallas
- How Industry Certifications Gave this Program the Momentum to Fly: Daniel Ciomek, San Francisco State University
- How to Prepare for a Successful Testing Day: Jason Majors, Certiport
- Implementing a Certification Program in Your Classroom: Jason Majors, Mike Maddock, and Brent Clark, Certiport
- Look Out Workforce-Here Come Certified Students: Tiffany Cantrell, Suncoast Technical College
- Marino Campus-Using Certification to Empower Students: Lauren Ferguson, Dan Marino Foundation
- MOS+ESB+CSB= The Perfect Storm for Employability: Jennifer Stubblefield, Calloway County High School
- Simulating Workplace Scenarios for Student Practice: Deanna Canterbury-Penn, West Virginia Department of Education and Erin Petry, Kanawha County Schools
- The View from Above-An Admin’s Perspective on Certification: Stacey Foster, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- When the Student Becomes the Master-Building Helpful and Technology-Confident Students: Nichole Ross, Liberty Middle School
Interested in learning more about the topics above, or even hearing the big updates from our live keynotes? It’s all available for you to watch on your own time. It’s time to bring CERTIFIED into your home.