Congratulations to the winners of the 2019 Adobe Certified Associate World Championship!
In its 7th year, the competition attracted more than 130,000 contestants from 65 countries to prove their superior digital communications skills using Adobe Photoshop®, Adobe Illustrator® and Adobe InDesign®. Leong Iat Pan from Macau won the top prize out of 50 finalists who came to the final round of the competition at the New York Marriott Marquis in New York City, New York from July 28-July 31.
The 2019 ACA World Champions are as follows:
- First Place: Leong Iat Pan, Macau
- Second Place: Frank Romero, Peru
- Third Place: Kevin Johnson, Sweden
- Fourth Place: Qiuyu He, China
- Fifth Place: Stijn Van Leest, Netherlands
- Sixth Place: Joseph André Zarpán Coloma, Peru
- Seventh Place: Lin Wan-Ching, Taiwan
- Eighth Place: Evelyn Mendoza Soto, Colombia
- Ninth Place: Teeraphat Kansomngam, Thailand
- Tenth Place: Sakyuki Kobayashi, Japan
- People’s Choice: Nguyen Thanh, Vietnam
Finalists demonstrated their proficiency using industry-leading Adobe software to create an email banner, postcard, and Instagram post for non-profit client, NABU. NABU aims to eradicate illiteracy through an online reading platform. By offering training for writers and illustrators, they create original local language books that support children in learning how to read.
NABU and a team of design experts reviewed the final projects and determined the winners based on the correct usage of the Adobe Creative Suite, the ability to incorporate the client’s brand and text requirements, and aesthetics. The first-place winner received $7,000, second $3,500, and third $1,500.
Professional photos are available at www.flickr.com/certiport, and candid shots of the event can be found on social media, using the hashtag #ACAWC.